Saturday, October 9, 2010

The End is the Beginning

Having just ripped myself away from the rat race, here I am, at home with nothing to do but household stuff. I'm not really that adept when it comes to housework; I grew up in a large home with staff that took care of everything related to the house. I've been living in an apartment with my dearest husband, who in contrast, grew up in a home with no househelp -- his mom had him and his brothers do chores around the house, so he does most of the cleaning. His favorite room to clean is the bathroom, which is a great big super yaaay for me. I cleaned the bathroom once and no, I won't do it again, thank you.

Right. So a bit of background: I came from a high-pressure environment managing a dynamic training team in an ever changing industry, and now I stare out of my 10th floor living room window, wondering what to do next. On my third day as a hausfrau, I find myself twiddling my thumbs with nothing much to do but surf and watch t.v. which I found a bit neuron-burning. So today, I swore to myself that I'll be more productive around the house and become a domestic diva before the next corporate job comes along.

I think Feist neatly sums up my life now:

No comments:

Post a Comment